CYBERMIX | FORUM

Hello, Guest !

We would like to invite you to join our community.

Register & Login now Smile

( " We are currently recruiting forum staffs " )
CYBERMIX | FORUM

Hello, Guest !

We would like to invite you to join our community.

Register & Login now Smile

( " We are currently recruiting forum staffs " )
. Login Register
CYBERMIX | FORUM

WE POST EVERYTHING YOU NEED

You are not connected. Please login or register

Like this topic? Then share our topic !

URL Direct
BBcode
HTML
Faster connection using COMMAND PROMPT (Windows 7 and XP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anonymous

I really don't know where to post this, so yeah, I have posted this here. Feel free to move this, though.

NOTE: If you're not using a Windows 7 operating system, skip this step-by-step procedure and go to -=Torchlight=-'s procedure after mine. Again, my procedure will only be applicable with a Windows 7 OS command prompt.

How to speed up your internet connection using Command Prompt? Well, this isn't really "speeding up" your connection. This will just prevent your OS's transmission control protocol (TCP) from choking data being received by your network. I know this thing is kinda old already, but this may still help others who experience a heap-load of lag in-game. If there's a similar topic, do lock this thread up.

So, let's start:

Before proceeding to the command prompt procedure, run a speed test. You may run one here: SPEEDTEST.NET. Here's my current network statistics running on DEFAULT Command Prompt settings (forgive my connection, have mercy on the broadband stick).

After that, proceed to your Desktop. Then:

1. Click the Windows orb (start), then on the search field, type Command Prompt. Right click the Command Prompt function on the search result and select "Run As Administrator".

2. In the Command Prompt, type the following line:

netsh interface tcp show global

Executing the line will generate this output:

You'll see there (in my case) that the value of the "Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level" entry is NORMAL. This means that your operating system is trying to limit the network information entering your system or so I've assumed. Moving on...

3. Type the following line in the command prompt:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

After typing that, your output should look like this:

If the command prompt replied "Ok.", then it means you have set your TCP auto-tuning settings to DISABLED. Close the command prompt then run another speed test. You'll see improvements, like with mine (it's measly, though. Again, have mercy on the broadband stick).

There you go. You've noticed that the ping has been lowered, and the download speed improved (the upload speed is just default at 30-40).

AGAIN: THIS APPLIES TO WINDOWS 7 USERS ONLY. Have fun!

Before I forget, credits to Mr. Jeremy Roldan, the best I.T. professor in Informatics!

FOR WINDOWS XP USERS!!! (Credits to -=Torchlight=- for the info!)

Eto pang XP. Try niyo nalang

Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> hardware then click device manager -> Network Adapters then double click yung nasa baba nya -> May lalabas na new dialogue box diyan tapos hanapin niyo yung Speed/Duplex Settings sa baba ng property -> Change Value sa 100 Mb Half Duplex

Meron pa pala isa using gpedit.msc Nakalimutan ko nga lang yung exact settings dun. HAHAHAH!

Eto yung sa gpedit.msc na settings. WINDOWS 7 pwede din to:

1. Access RUN then type gpedit.msc hit enter
2. At the Task Pane, find Administrative Templates
3. Under Administrative Templates, click Network
4. Under Network, Click QoS Packet Scheduler
5. At the Window Pane wherein QoS Packet Scheduler were clicked, hover your cursor and find "Limit Reservable Bandwidth" Click "Enable" and Limit the Bandwidth to ZERO PERCENT (0%)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum